- Does the Talent Development Network include unpaid internships?
TDN focuses on paid internships, however, we do allow non-profits to post unpaid internship opportunities. There are many benefits to a paid internship, such as the ability to attract a wider range of talented student applicants. See the Compensation Guide for more information.
- How can I become a supporter, partner, or donor with the Talent Development Network?
TDN is possible because of our generous donors and corporate partners. To donate to the program, please contact Alina Parbtani at 305-348-0108 or donate online.
- Which students can take part in the Talent Development Network?
While we target students from our seven partner academic institutions, there may be positions available to students outside these schools. We encourage everyone to apply to open positions. Regarding M-DCPS students, only those taking part in one of their academies may apply.
- How do I get started with Talent Development Network?The first step is to fill out the Student Registration form, found here on the Student Registration page. Fill out the form with your information and make sure to upload your most recent resume and/or cover letter, if you have one. After you complete the initial registration form, a member of the Talent Development Network team will contact you with more information.
- Does the Talent Development Network set or require a certain salary level?
The salary for the internship position is set by the employer.
- What should the duration of an internship position be?
Ideally, an internship should perform for a minimum of three months, although, they range between one month to a year in duration.
- What should the experience requirements of an internship position be?
This is dependent on the internship position itself. Some advanced positions require one to two years of experience. Keep in mind that internships are career building steps for students that have the academic knowledge but not the workforce experience.
- How do I submit/post an internship position on the Talent Development Network?
Talent Development Network has partnered with Handshake to post all available internships!
The first step is to submit the Employer Information form, found on the Employee Registration page here. Fill out the form with your organization's information, and once the form is completed, a member from the Talent Development Team will contact you with more information on how you can begin posting internships to Handshake.
Please note that if your institution does not use Handshake for internships, the Talent Development Network team will continue to work with you to ensure you have all the information and resources to create and promote internships.
- How do I review applicants for my position?
At any point in between posting a position and the closing date of a position, you may log in to Handshake and view applicants. On the Monday following the closing date of the position, we will email you a reminder and a link to view all the applicants for the position.