Join the #TalentDay party September 7, 2018!
A recent article by the Miami Herald on an Executive Survey conducted by MBAF indentified "finding qualified professional employees" as their top concern in the coming year. As Miami works to establish itself as a global city, and attract corporations like Amazon, having top talent will be more important than ever.
We need the buy-in and investment of our business community to partner with academic institutions in helping to train our workforce. South Florida university's know and understand better than anyone that we have amazing talent. We need to showcase the amazing students we have and help them get internships, and ultimately jobs.
#TalentDay Social Media Campaign
Our objective is to help raise awareness and highlight the amazing talent, the amazing employers, and how internships have helped students get jobs. To do this we are launching a region-wide social media and media campaign. Our ultimate goal is to make September 7 Talent Day in our region from here on out, and give our colleges and students an opportunity to demonstrate everything South Florida has to offer. Posts should:
- Show students in successful internships
- Highlight the talent we have in our community
- And encourage corporations to host interns in their companies
What do we need from you?
Participate in this campiagn and leverage this day to showcase your organization's top talent! Students can also engage in highlighting their successful internships and mentorships. Posts can include:
- Pictures of students at work
- Work students have completed
- Profiles on students
- Amazing students you've encountered
- Examples of amazing internships
- Students explaining how internships set them up for success
- Videos of leaders in your organization expressing their commitment to developing talent and praising talent in the community